External Job Title: Attorney Senior – Hybrid
Company: ALLETE, Inc.
Location: Duluth, MN
Shift Work: No shift
Union Contract: ALLETE – Non-Union
Apprenticeship: N/A:Non Union Position
Application Close Date: 2/29/2024
This position may be considered for either a hybrid or remote work arrangement based on ALLETE’s needs. There is flexibility regarding employee location, but with the expectation that the employee will be able to regularly work in person in Duluth or Roseville, Minnesota.
This position is a full-time position.
ALLETE, Inc., is building a sustainable energy future and is seeking a talented real estate attorney to join its legal team. ALLETE is a publicly traded energy company that is headquartered on beautiful Lake Superior in Duluth, Minnesota – with operations throughout the United States. Our businesses include Minnesota Power, Superior Water Light & Power, ALLETE Clean Energy, New Energy Equity, ALLETE Renewable Resources, and BNI Energy. Find more information on www.ALLETE.com.
As a member of the legal department, you will work with business teams to implement corporate and renewable energy business strategies, with a focus on real estate-related matters. This position will provide legal and strategic support to ALLETE businesses on all real estate matters, including renewable development land rights, utility and other easements and leases, real property acquisition and disposition, land use, governmental restraints and requirements, and special projects and initiatives.
The successful candidate will possess:
- The highest ethical standards and integrity;
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills;
- Effective and proven business judgment and negotiating skills;
- Strong initiative and the ability to work independently;
- The ability to understand and assimilate diverse perspectives;
- Commitment to excellent client service, with a practical, proactive, and collaborative approach;
- Demonstrated legal expertise in the full range of real estate practice;
- The insight and expertise to develop tools to enhance ALLETE’s real estate practice and client experience; and
- The ability to drive engagement and connection within the legal department and across ALLETE businesses.
ALLETE offers a flexible, friendly work environment, a strong culture of integrity, and expansive opportunities to grow and develop in your career. We offer choice in the things that matter to you: your money, your health, your time, and your career. The compensation package includes a competitive, market-based salary, a robust retirement plan, medical and dental benefits, generous time off, professional development opportunities, and other perks such as an on-site wellness facility.
- Requires a Juris Doctor degree and candidate must be admitted, or eligible for admission, to practice law in Minnesota.
- Nine years or more relevant legal experience including dedicated real estate experience required.
- Experience with energy, regulated utility, or complex commercial contracting, is a plus.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
This job posting will be available for application until the position has been filled OR the posting close date noted herein, whichever date is earlier.
ALLETE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.