Make Duluth, Minnesota your city.
Nestled on a 600-foot bluff overlooking the largest freshwater lake in the world, Duluth is incredible. A high quality of life is enjoyed by almost 90,000 residents. From its top-ranked schools and universities to its thriving business community — Duluth is a fabulous place to raise a family, seek higher education, work or play!
On the scenic shores of Lake Superior, Duluth rests halfway between the Twin Cities and the Canadian border. As one of the largest international ports, Duluth is a key shipping , commercial and manufacturing center. Major industries include health care, education, aviation, technology and tourism. A thriving arts, outdoor recreation and unique retail environment, make this a top tourist destination – attracting 3.5 million annual visitors.
Duluth, Minnesota is your relocation destination.
- Duluth named a best college town (College Rank)
- Duluth recognized as one of the Top 10 US Destinations (Lonely Planet)
- AMSOIL Arena named the Nation’s No. 1 Hockey Facility (Stadium Journey)
- Duluth listed among the Top 20 Fastest Growing Cities in America (Nerd Wallet.com)
- Duluth named Best Place to Live (Outside Magazine)
- Duluth recognized as one of 6 Best Vacation Destinations that will Improve your Work (Forbes.com)
- St. Louis County recognized for Special Achievement in GIS technology (Esri)
- American Public Works Association (APWA) names Haines Road project Disaster or Emergency
- Construction Repair Project of the Year
- City of Duluth named 15th Fastest Growing Municipal Economy in America (U.S. Census)
- Bureau American Community Survey)
- Standard and Poor’s (S&P) Ratings Services gives St. Louis County a AA+ rating
- Duluth listed as one of The Best Places For Business And Careers (Forbes Magazine)
- Duluth ranked No. 20 among The 40 Best College Towns (Travel + Leisure)
- Haines Road rebuilding named Project of the Year (Minnesota County Engineer’s Association)
- Duluth announced as Best Adventure Hub-Runner Up, second to Kununurra, Australia (Outside Magazine)
- Duluth ranked among the American Lung Association’s Top 25 Cleanest U.S. Cities
- Duluth recognized as the Top Port City (Railway Industrial Clearance Association – RICA)
- Duluth listed as No. 1 Best Day Trip Destination (City Pages Magazine)
- Duluth ranked among the Top 5 Small City for Livability (Money Magazine)
- Duluth named among the Top 10 Places to Raise an Outdoor Kid (Backpacker Magazine)
Request a relocation packet
Each relocation packet includes a community guide with information about the Duluth area, a street map, and information about local businesses that may be able to assist with your move. To have a packet e-mailed to you, and to receive information directly from participants in our relocation program, please fill out the form below.